Playa del Carmen- Aug 20-27-2006

This August (August 20-27/2006), my family and my cousins’ families traveled together to the wonderful tropics in Playa del Carmen in Mexico.

My Family Trip Summary

We started our trip in Mayan Riviera, Mexico where we checked into the Gran Porto Real Resort. My family got a suite while the rest got average rooms.

So the next day, we changed hotels to the Royal Playa del Carmen Resort across the street which is a deluxe five star resort. We got a really nice room with a Jacuzzi in the corner and a hammock on the deck.

During the day we’d either play in the pool or on the beach. In the pool we’d play fun games such as pump and relay racing or we’d just relax in the hot tub when it was cool.

My uncle also taught my cousins and me how to dive very well. On the beach we would play in the sand, making castles or making tracks. In the water we would swim, look for fish and have sand fights. It was all really fun. Also, we did some water sports that were with the resort.

My dad, Alex, Shannon, Erik and I went kayaking and it was hard work. We also went jet skiing just me, Dad and Erik. We had a lot of fun, but Dad was being embarrassing. First he zoomed off and the guide had to pull the key and yell at him. Second he dropped his hat and the guide had to get out of the water. Third he dropped his glasses on the side of the Jet Ski and I had to get it. Last but not least, at the end he complained that his bum-bum hurt to the people who owned the Jet Skis, but all well, Dad won’t change.

During the night we would do many things. We would play pool at the lobby which Erik and I faced some people in and won. We’d watch the collage show that is all dancing from around the world. Also we’d go shopping outside on Fifth Avenue to buy souvenirs. Alex, Sammy and I also played the piano in the salon and impressed the audience.

Next I’ll have to talk about the great food at this resort. Every meal we would eat at the resort.
At breakfast we would always eat at Spice, a buffet restaurant that served every meal with a wide selection of food. For lunch we ate only at two restaurants, Spice and Pelicanos. Lunch at Spice was not much, simple food. Pelicanos was a grill restaurant that you can order delicious scallop, fish and steak on the grill. For dinner we had many different restaurants Spice, Pelicanos, Marie Maria and Asiana. Spice had delicious food and New York Steak. Pelicanos was practically the same thing as lunch. Marie Maria was a fancy and formal Mexican restaurant with good lamb. Asiana was a Japanese restaurant serving sushi but it wasn’t as good as the sushi in Canada.

My cousins and I enjoyed the different exotic drinks such as Strawberry Nikeli, Pina Colada, Miami Vice and Banana Daiquiri, etc.

One day we went out of the resort to go to Tulum a ceremonial ground where the Mayan people respected the gods and sacrificed men. It was so steaming hot there and the tour guide was confusing. The place was interesting though it was too hot too appreciate it. I saw a lot of big iguanas running around. There was a beautiful beach at Tulum.

On that same day we went to Tulum, we went to Xelha, a natural water park where ocean water flows in. First we went snorkeling to look at all the fish. Next we left my two uncles to rest. We followed the map to do some activities. Alex and I swung on a rope into the water and it was great. We were going to jump off the cliff of courage (a small cliff to jump into the water) but mom was scared of the rocks at the bottom. So instead we went on lazy river where we had to go in water tubes to float down on a river. During the ride Erik, Alex and I went on a balancing rope that you could cross. Dad sat on rope so I fell and then Erik and Alex after did. When we returned to get the men it was raining really hard and the men saw a tornado.

Conclusion

This whole family vacation was one of the best trips I’ve been on. I got to spend time my cousins, uncles and aunts and I experienced new things like balancing on a rope. I also really enjoyed the beautiful sceneries I have seen on this trip such as the beach and the turquoise water. The food was also fantastic.

I hope we will go on another trip soon with either my family or the whole family.